Paul Nelson has argued against macro-evolution, and I sense that some folk here want to discuss it. So here’s a thread where we can do that without taking other threads off-topic.
First, some references. There are three UD threads on this:
- Video: Paul Nelson At Saddleback (by News). This thread includes a link to the 40 minute video (which I watched a few days ago).
- Jerry Coyne and Poisoning the Well (by johnnyb). This thread criticizes Jerry Coyne’s response to the video.
- Larry Moran defends Paul Nelson! (by vjtorley). This discusses some comments that Larry made on Jerry Coyne’s post.
There has also been some commentary on the video by evolutionists:
- A Marshall McLuhan moment with creationist Paul Nelson (by Jerry Coyne). This is the post that johnnyb criticized. It has extensive comments (260 at the moment), including comments by Larry Moran (alluded to in the vjtorley title), and comments by Paul Nelson.
- It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy (by PZ Myers).
Open for discussion.