Noyau (2)

…the noyau, an animal society held together by mutual animosity rather than co-operation

Robert Ardrey, The Territorial Imperative.

[to work around page bug]

2,880 Replies to “Noyau (2)”

1. Neil Rickert says:

Gregory,

You quoted me as saying something that I did not say.

2. Neil Rickert says:

J-Mac: Why not hide all his OPs for peace sake rather than just the bad ones?

I just read and post there. I do not make policy.

3. Gregory Gregory says:

Neil Rickert:
    Gregory,
    You quoted me as saying something that I did not say.

Sorry, formatting corrected. Unintended. (Unlike Swamidass’ intentional outing & doxxing of me here & at PS, which surely even you don’t chalk up to mere ‘confusion’.)

4. Alan Fox Alan Fox says:

Gregory,

I see Swamidass is offering you an olive branch at Peaceful Science.

5. Gregory Gregory says:

Alan Fox,

Where? He has communicated nothing directly to me.

6. Neil Rickert says:

Gregory: Where?

HERE.

I’m not sure if you can read that, since it is in Back Porch. So I’ll quote:

To both Greg Sandstrom and @JoeG (and @Sharon). if you would like to be reinstated at Peaceful Science, please discuss rules and terms with @moderators. Sock puppet-ing and other nonsense is not going to help your case. It is possible that in a couple months we will have a way of including you, but continued shenanigans will prevent that from taking place.

7. Gregory Gregory says:

What an arrogant piece of dung this man is. Totally classless.

First, if I can’t actually read it, why address me as if I can? He made a similar slimey move at PS when he banned me there.

Second, Sanjay Swamidass’ continual dimunitising of my name reveals his lack of respect, now that he has heard me ask him not to do it. Is this what Alan considers an ‘olive branch’? I consider it a condescending slap in the face. Not a surprise for a man who seems to actually believe & certainly to side with the lying doctor Jon Garvey, while the record here shows he is wrong.

Third, to lump me together with JoeG, when Sanjay knows I hold a PhD, have worked on this topic for years, have published multiple papers and 2 books on the topic, shows he has no genuine interest in facing my on-going, pointed, accurate and still relevant challenges to his work. So, it means I’m doing the right thing in opposing this proud, hyper-ambitious computational biologist who is forcing the issue, rather than acting with humility as apparently Evangelical Covenant churchgoers like Swamidass should.

I have no interest in being reinstated on the blog of such a manipulative callous individual as Sanjay Joshua Swamidass is blinded by ideology and ambition, hiding like a coward.

8. Mung Mung says:

Neil Rickert: I just read and post there. I do not make policy.

You condone bad behavior. That helps ensure bad policy continues.

9. Alan Fox Alan Fox says:

Mung: You condone bad behavior. That helps ensure bad policy continues.

That is not dissimilar to your stance at Uncommon Descent, if you think about it.

10. Alan Fox Alan Fox says:

Gregory,

The simple fact is anyone can create an internet presence and run it how they like, subject to legal caveats. I agree it was a bit mean to lump you in with Joe Gallien but that sort of follows from the sock puppetry.

11. BruceS says:

Mung: You condone bad behavior. That helps ensure bad policy continues.

And not only that, but by posting anywhere, I condone the burning of natural gas to produce electricity (here in Ontario)*, an important contributor to climate change.

Between you and Alan, what I depressing day.

Luckily, at my age I will soon forget all about it.

————————
    * Well, likely nuclear power where I live. But complications like that are hardly fit for Noyau.

12. Mung Mung says:

BruceS: Luckily, at my age I will soon forget all about it.

Please don’t repeat it tomorrow. đŸ˜‰

13. Gregory Gregory says:

I literally don’t know how Joshua sleeps at night. The pomp & vanity of this man continues to astound.

“And no I will not out you @mung. I don’t do that.” https://discourse.peacefulscience.org/t/anonymity-and-peaceful-science/4372/94

Why, yes you do, Joshua Swamidass. You did it to me here at TSZ & also doxxed me at PS! = P

“A better question is ‘why are you anonymous?’ He has no valid reason.”

Would allowing safe haven from scientistic bullies draped in a non-mainstream Evangelical Covenant like Joshua who demonstrate continual disproportion in their ‘science, philosophy and theology/worldview’ conversation count as a ‘valid reason’?

14. Mung Mung says:

Yes, why should I let someone bully me into posting under my IRL identity, and how does he know I have no good reason?

Why doesn’t he treat other anonymous posters the way he treats me? He has no valid answer.

He can actually fix this if it’s a really problem. He can adjust the community guidelines and require people to register and post under their IRL identity. Why doesn’t he?

15. Alan Fox Alan Fox says:

Mung,

You should boycott Peaceful Science. I boycotted Uncommon Descent and now look where they are.

16. stcordova says:

Build the wall. Neh 2:17

17. newton says:

stcordova:
    Build the wall. Neh 2:17

Mexico will pay for it. D.Trump

18. stcordova says:

19. Alan Fox Alan Fox says:

stcordova:…innocent Trump supporters…

Is there such a thing?

20. Alan Fox Alan Fox says:

BTW, Sal, when did Mike Gene get quite so bitter?

21. stcordova says:

Alan Fox: BTW, Sal, when did Mike Gene get quite so bitter?

Like when Obama became President? Just kidding….

I think he started getting after atheists after his book The Design Matrix was published and then not really accepted by the ID community.

22. newton says:

stcordova: Fake News CNN calls actor out for making Fake News. The irony! But sometimes the facts are just too much and the facts TRUMP fake news. Such was the case with Smollet.

Look an elephant .

So the standard of conduct should be same for a President,the head of our executive branch, is the same as b-list actor? Unfortunately it seems ,for some if there is an R next to the President’s name even that standard may be relaxed.

23. newton says:

stcordova: I hope they throw this guy in jail and keep him there for life for smearing innocent Trump supporters as racists.

Guess we will first have to find a Trump supporter who is not racist or is willing to accept racism in the furtherance of a goal before determining if anyone is being smeared.

Life imprisonment for lying and falsely accusing a generic person for a crime?

What should you get for lying 8,000 times to the American people about just about everything? The Nobel Prize?

24. Neil Rickert says:

Alan Fox: BTW, Sal, when did Mike Gene get quite so bitter?

His blog postings have become very much a biased attack on atheists.

25. stcordova says:

His blog postings have become very much a biased attack on atheists.

26. stcordova says:

Here is one list of the worlds richest pastors. That said it’s missing the name of one, whom I actually revere which I’ll mention later.

It is not well known, but boxer George Foreman had a near death experience decades ago and became a Christian and quit boxing for a long time to become a preacher. Then later in life he returned to boxing since he was broke and then became very rich, but he returned to preaching. Here is George Foreman’s story:

Foreman isn’t mentioned in the list of reach preachers because foreman made his money outside of preaching. For this reason, I believe foreman’s preaching is an authentic expression of his belief in Jesus. He’s had a few issues with multiple marriages and divorces, but I like the guy and I hope he really is a believer in Jesus.

Morris Cerulo isn’t mentioned either, and I hear he has a private jet.

27. Kantian Naturalist Kantian Naturalist says:

stcordova: the old atheists like John Stuart Mill, Bertrand Russell.

Mill and Russell were the SJWs of their times and places.

28. Neil Rickert says:

stcordova: I think it’s more against the GNUs, the A+ SJWs. Like me, Mike probably thinks well of the old atheists like John Stuart Mill, Bertrand Russell.

So you suggest that he is okay with the atheists that are safely dead. It is the ones that are still alive that bother him.

29. walto walto says:

How many kids has George Foreman named George Foreman?

Are you also a fan of former football player Jimmy Brown? Repubs trot him onstage at every opportunity too.

30. stcordova says:

I forgot to mention Ayn Rand, the inspiration for the Libertarians and Economic Republicans. Her heir apparent is atheist TJ Rodgers.

I love this atheist:

Cypress CEO Blasts Sister Who Asked for Diverse Board
    By Ellen Joan PollockStaff Reporter of The Wall Street Journal
    Updated July 15, 1996 11:20 a.m. ET
    It isn’t every day that the CEO of a major high-tech company calls a nun’s views “immoral.”

And it seems just as unlikely that his slap would result in an outpouring of support from executives and investors nationwide — for him. But that’s exactly what happened when Cypress Semiconductor Corp. Chief Executive Officer T.J. Rodgers took a Catholic nun to task for suggesting he put qualified women and minorities on his board

My kind of atheist. Away with the abomination affirmative action. Go capitalism!