A Quiz for ‘Intelligent Design’ Theory Proponentsists
(Even for those IDist outliers like nullasalus at UD who don’t think IDT is scientific, but who think they are tricking people that logically & responsibly reject IDT)
Another simple YES/NO exercise.
IDM = Intelligent Design Movement
IDist = Intelligent Design ideologue
DI = Discovery Institute
IDT = (Uppercase) Intelligent Design theory
USA = United States of America = )
1. Is the DI-led IDM making a concentrated, dedicated effort to distinguish good science from bad science by actively and publically rejecting the outdated ‘young Earth’ views of many undereducated, anti-science, evangelical Christians in the USA?
2. Have IDM leaders Michael Behe, Stephen Meyer, William Dembski and Phillip Johnson *all* linked their own version of IDT to their personal Christian faith in public statements, interviews and/or articles?
3. Have several prominent Abrahamic theists (particularly those active in science, philosophy & theology/worldview conversations) openly rejected IDT on the basis of distinguishing Uppercase ‘Intelligent Design’ Theory (the Discovery Institute’s ‘strictly scientific’ theory) from lowercase ‘intelligent design’ (aka the non-scientific, theological/worldview ‘design argument’)?
4. Does it make sense for IDists to openly admit that IDT is more properly viewed as an interdisciplinary topic for ‘science, philosophy & theology/worldview’ discourse rather than as a ‘strictly scientific’ theory?
5. When the ‘Wedge Document’ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy) was leaked by the Discovery Institute, did it specifically stipulate that IDT was to be restricted *only* to natural-physical sciences?
6. Has anyone in the IDM come up with an IDT where the ‘Designer/designer(s)’ can actually be studied?
7. Are any of “the most noteworthy ID proponents” (as ‘nullasalus’ calls them) atheists? If so, who (please don’t count David Berlinski; he is self-confessed “warm, but distant”)?
8. Do any of “the most noteworthy ID proponents” (as ‘nullasalus’ calls them) outright reject the category ‘supernatural’ or not personally believe that the Uppercase ‘Designer’ behind the so-called ID in their IDT does not transcend the merely ‘natural?’ If so, who?
9. Does the DI receive a vast majority of its institutional funding from right-wing conservative evangelicals (e.g. Ahmanson, the Maclellan Foundation) in the USA?
10. Do any non-IDists (read: normal people) educated beyond the high school level actually accept the argument by some IDists that ‘aliens’ is really what they mean ; ) when they posit that IDT has *nothing* at all to do with their personal/community religious worldview?